Sunday, November 11, 2007

Taking a break

I've had this blog created for quite sometime now, but haven't had the chance to do much with it since. We are on a break between kids' sports right now, so I figured I might have a chance to get this thing going. So here goes...
Yesterday was the first Saturday that we haven't had a soccer game or two to rush off to since August, so I began thinking how great it would be to stay in my pajamas all morning and sip on my coffee slowly for a change, instead of guzzling it as I run out the door. I actually day-dreamed about this for quite sometime over the course of two or three days . I thought about how relaxing it would be to wake up slowly and then somewhere around noon, come up with a plan for the day, which might include napping through a movie on TV or a football game that I didn't really care about. I'm almost getting lost in the idea of it all right now, but that's probably because it didn't happen. Instead, I realized that if I was going to get my long run in for the week, Saturday morning was the only chance I was going to have. So when I was so gently woken up by my seven-year-old at 7:15, I just threw the covers back and heaved myself up out of the bed and out the door I went for a 10 mile run.
Since Levi was about a year old his internal alarm clock has gone off between 7 and 7:30 AM EVERY SINGLE MORNING! No matter how late he stays up or how tired he really is, his eyes just pop open. It really wouldn't be so bad, except he has the need to tell someone he's awake, and that someone is always me. Sometimes this can be a good thing. We are never late getting him to school because it's impossible to oversleep. But sometimes I really would like to see what it feels like to sleep until 7:45 or so.
I guess I'll just have to start day-dreaming about how next Saturday morning might shape up, because tomorrow is the start of the same routine that happens every week. Happy Monday!