Friday, February 15, 2008

a quiet house

Most of the time I'm too busy to notice, but when my kids go to bed, things get really, really quiet. Tonight I've been reflective. It's a good thing to just sit and think. All too often I feel my thoughts are rushed and crammed into my day, but today I actually had, no,I TOOK the time to stop for a while. Wow, how refreshing!
Tomorrow things will pick right back up and be loud and crazy again, and that's OK. In fact, I wouldn't want it any other way. We have Isaac's last basketball game followed by the team party.
All week I've felt myself preparing for flight. It seems we're getting ready to take off into...SPRING. It really does seem to be our craziest season, even more so than Christmas. School is busy for the boys and soccer gets going again. We are so very ready for soccer!!! I don't know why we get so wound up about it, but our whole family does, at least the immediate part of our family. It is really so much fun for us to watch our kids play in games, Ben gets new ideas for the kids at practice (he's Isaac's coach), and we go to as many FC Dallas games as possible and watch everything that's actually aired on TV. Maybe we should consider moving to another country that is into soccer more so we could see more games...just a thought. ;)
We are going to run the 5K in the Cowtown next Saturday so that should be fun, especially if the weather cooperates. I've recently discovered that I CAN BE much faster than I thought I could. I don't know what that means my race will be like. I guess it depends on whether or not my fast legs show up that day! Oh well, it will be fun no matter what. It's the first race for my new running buddy Amy. What a buzz I get from running with all those people, even if 95% of them are in front of me.
I read a great quote today that I'll leave with: "We can do no great things; only small things with great love."