Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Cowtown

How much fun is going to a race and running with over 3000 other people?? So much! Especially when I set a new p.r. and so did Levi! We had a blast at the Cowtown and it felt good to push hard and achieve. We didn't win any medals or anything, but Levi did come in 21st out of 279 age 8 and under boys in his age category! Amy and I were very pleased to be #'s 122 and 123 out of 705 women! A fun time was had by all, even the spectators. Isaac enjoyed sharing a giant chocolate cupcake with his Mommo and Aunt Sheila at Starbucks while they waited for us to finish. Who knows what the next race will be, but I was assured by my father-in-law that this would be the only race I'd EVER "beat" him in! Ben chimed in as well with his own challenges of speed. All I know is that I am way faster than I ever hoped to be a year ago, so it can only keep getting better! Let's hit the road!!